- One-piece 6” X 6” Steel Post
- 60”X38” Tempered Glass Clearview Backboard
- Heavy Weight Flex Rim
- All-Steel Actuator Adjusts 7.5’-10’
- Overhang 3 ‘
- Lifetime Warranty
- No Pole Pad
- No Backboard Pad
The GSII is the original 60” Goalrilla backboard Goalrilla produces a line of premium basketball goals, and has been in business since 1991. The GLR GSII (model B3200) features a 3/8 thick, 60″ tempered glass backboard a a 6″ one-piece square pole. The backboard overhang is 3 feet. The height adjusts infinitely from 7.5 – 10 feet with the use of a crank handle mechanism. Included is a pro-style flex rim and an anchor bolt mounting system. The frame is powder coated to provide resistance against corrosion and UV rays. The GSII is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
What To Like
- Tempered glass backboard. At 3/8″, it’s only one notch below 1/2″, which is what you see in college and the NBA. Tempered glass is the best because it’s incredibly durable, rigid, and heavy. Movement is almost non-existent, so it’s optimal for performance.
- 60″ backboard. A 72″ board maybe regulation size, but is too big for most driveways. A 60″ is the next closest thing, and is perfect for a two or three car driveway. Since most people can’t install an actual court in their yard, 60″ works well and probably better for most.
- 3′ offset. This amount of room allows players to be aggressive under the rim, while helping them avoid being knocked into the pole. It provides a more professional look as well.
- One-piece 6″ pole. This further adds to the overall stability of the hoop. It’s also necessary in order to support a thick tempered glass backboard.
- Flex rim. This rim is heavy-duty, and is designed for aggressive play. It has a lot of give when dunking, which protects the player and backboard.
- Anchor mount installation. The best type of installation for in-ground hoops because the pole is not directly buried into the ground. It sits on top of the concrete, which allows for easy removal if necessary.
- Pole pad. This version on Amazon.com actually comes with a pole pad, which is pretty uncommon. A lot of times you have to purchase one separately.
Moving or Relocating the System
If you need to move or relocate this Goalrilla Basketball Hoop System, you will need a new anchor system. This basketball hoop is very easy to unbolt and reassemble wherever you want to move it. The system comes with an anchor set, however, if you ever need to move it, you can buy an additional anchor set here:
Reviews from Around the Web
Quality, durable hoop. I purchased the Goarilla GSII, and installed it 2 weeks ago. It is a very stable hoop, having the feel of a high school backboard. It easily adjustable from a regulation 10′ to a dunk fest at 8’6″ …The rim takes a dunk, and the hoop stays stable. I love it. – basketballgoalstore.com – MPR626
This product is very sturdy. Overall my family has played numerous games of horse and around the world. It is easy to elevate and lower the level of the goal. It also has a great anti- rust coating that makes the pole look cool and also water resistant. The construction is sturdy and can hold my weight temporarily when dunking. I feel like I am playing on a gym quality goal at the comfort of my own home. I definitely recommend this product for any family’s home use – basketballgoalstore.com – Jack2013
5 Stars – The look on my son’s face was worth every penny. – Amazon.com
What Not To Like
No Padding. The GSII does not come with a backboard pad and pole pad. The safety of my kids is a top priority for me, so I had the additional cost for the padding.
If I have $1500 to spend on a basketball hoop, this is the one. I am extremely happy with my decision to purchase the GSII for my family. It has all the high-end features of the regulation size goals, but is not too big for my driveway. The kids will not outgrow this goal as they get older, it will be big and sturdy enough to withstand the more aggressive play.
Cheapest place I found to buy it was at http://basketballgoalstore.com.