- 72″ tempered glass clear-view backboard
- 4 foot overhang
- 1-piece 6″ x 8” square pole
- anchor mount installation
- fully adjustable from 7 ½’ to 10’
- pole pad and backboard pad included
Heavy assembly but worth it.
The Goalrilla CV72 (model B3101) is an AWESOME basketball goal. It features a regulation size 72″x42″ tempered glass backboard, a 6″ x 8” thick one piece square pole, and a 4 foot overhang. The installation involves using anchor bolts so it can go with you if you move. Included is a pro-style flex rim, and height adjustment from 7.5 – 10 feet. The system is powder coated to protect against UV and corrosion. Goalrilla backs the CV72 with a limited lifetime warranty.
What To Like
- Stable. With a 6″ x 8” thick square pole and a 72″ tempered glass backboard, the CV72 takes basketball goals to the extreme. Miniscule vibration occurs when shooting. Your biggest friends can dunk on this goal!
- Crank adjust. Precise and reliable, the crank adjust is the best out there. You simply turn the handle to raise or lower it. This is one heavy backboard but the adjustment handle adjusts it easily.
- 72″ tempered glass clear-view backboard. It’s regulation size, and the tempered glass is exactly what is used in the pros. It’s very heavy, which makes it rigid and performs better than any other type of material. This size is ideal for a backyard basketball court, though a 3 car or more driveway would be suitable as well. At 1/2″, it’s as thick as a NBA backboard.
- Pole pad and backboard pad included. The CV72 includes a universal pole pad that covers the front of the post AND the anchor bolts at the bottom of the goal. The backboard pad that is included is a must-have. It will never come into play when the goal is up at 10’ but when I am out
- Pro-style rim. It can handle big time dunking but the backboard has that touch you’re used to playing on at the gym, 4 foot overhang. A 4 foot overhang is about as big as it gets for residential hoops. Some might go to 5 feet, but this provides ample room for play underneath and behind the basket but doesn’t encroach into the driveway. Also, players can easily avoid running into the pole or tripping over it.
- 1-piece 6″ x 8” square pole. This is a huge piece of steel! This post eliminates any wobble you might find on a smaller post or a two-piece design. The thicker the pole, the better it plays.
- Anchor mount installation. If you ever move you can take this goal with you to your new home. There is no reason to ever have to buy another goal. This really will be the last goal you ever buy.
What Not To Like
- Heavy assembly. This goal is HEAVY! The post is massive. The backboard is thick! You will definitely want to have some friends or neighbors help you stand this goal up if you do it yourself. Trust me, it’s worth it!
More Reviews from Around the Web
This is one of the sturdiest basketball goals I have seen. In my subdivision there are several goals that shake when you shoot a “brick”. I was able to fire the basketball at the top corner of the backboard and the entire goal barely moves. Given how sturdy the backboard is, I was pleasantly surprised that the rim is a “soft” rim that helps your game – the ball doesn’t ricochet off of it. One item to note – you definitely need a 3rd person to install this goal. We love our Goalrilla and look forward to many years of basketball. – goalrilla.com – unknown
Overall, I am so impressed with the quality and workmanship in the CV 72. The sturdy design and impressive looks of this system will be a focal point of my yard for many years to come. I created a half-court on my property and did alot of research before purchasing a system. This system EXCEEDS my expectations in all areas. THANK YOU! – basketballgoalstore.com – Splitzy
Moving or Relocating the System
If you need to move or relocate this Goalrilla Basketball Hoop System, you will need a new anchor system. This basketball hoop is very easy to unbolt and reassemble wherever you want to move it. The system comes with an anchor set, however, if you ever need to move it, you can buy an additional anchor set the Basketball Goal Store.
The Goalrilla CV72 is an awesome system. It has all the features that you look for in a premium basketball system: a regulation size backboard, a thick pole, a 4 foot overhang, a pro-style rim, and anchor mount installation. The assembly is going to be heavy and takes some muscle to stand up. This system includes a universal pole pad and a backboard pad. The only thing anyone needs to add is a basketball!
For another CV72 review, please visit the Basketball Goal Store.
Cheapest place I found to buy it was at http://basketballgoalstore.com.