Stable, 72″ tempered glass Thick “Pro Style” backboard, Easy Pump Height adjustment system, Unique Take-it-with-you when you move design
Some Vibration when playing. The Mammoth Sticker might fade or peel off after time (very small criticism of a great hoop)
Mammoth is a Lifetime basketball hoop company, which has been making great hoops for some time. Lifetime is a Utah started company and their focus appears to be on families. Since people in Utah appear to have more kids, they have really catered to family style hoops. They make great hoops! Mammoth is the top of their line and the Mammoth 90181 is the top of that line. The huge 72″ NBA Regulation sized backboard is sturdy and plays well. It is anchored down with a Bolt-Down Design system that allows you to pack up the hoop in the car and take it with you when you move. You will have to tie the hoop to the top of your station wagon.
So, the bottom line is I would play on this system all day long. I could find only minor criticisms with it. The pump height adjustment system is easy enough for my 8 year old to raise and lower it. I don’t fear them lowering it to the bottom height and dunking on it because it is strong enough to take the abuse.
What To Like
- Stable.Top of the line. Goliath of a hoop. Looks great and plays well.
- 72″ tempered glass backboard. It’s the same size and material used on hoops in college and the NBA. It’s also 10mm thick, which is very thick for a glass backboard. It won’t move, and should last for as long as you need it for. This is about as good as it gets. Consider how big your property is when you buy such an enormous hoop.
- Handle adjust mechanism. I believe that it’s gas assisted, which makes it easier to adjust up and down compared to a crank handle. However, one caveat is that they tend to leak gas over time.
- Spring-flex rim. Ok. It has a great pro style hoop. It is not my favorite rim. It is a good/great rim, it is just not my favorite. I will admit though that it is very sturdy. It will not bend or disfigure with dunk play.
- Anchor mount installation. Because the pole isn’t directly buried into the ground, it can be easily taken off the anchor if you need to move it.
- Lifetime limited warranty. Lifetime itself calls this their deluxe basketball hoop system. They sell great hoops. I have owned a couple and am extremely happy with Lifetime, their warranties and the quality of their hoops.
- Patented Handle Adjust System. The Handle adjust system is simple. Any child can move the hoop up or down because of the patented air help system. It is the distinguishing feature as I see it on this system.
Our Mammoth Hoop 7 Years Later (Still in Great Condition)
Reviews from Around the Web
Other than my review, I couldn’t find much around the web. Everything I found is very positive. THIS IS A SICK HOOP. Believe that.
What Not To Like
Some Vibration Ok. The hoop does tend to move for sustained periods when dunking. I would not call it a problem. I would just say it is something that I noticed and for this sturdy of a hoop it stuck out to me.
The Mammoth is one of the best premium basketball hoops on the market. For the price, it’s as good as you are going to get for a Deluxe, 72′ premium hoop. We own a Mammoth and love it.
For the Cheapest Price, Most Customer Support and best Return Policy we Recommend Amazon.com for your basketball hoop purchase. Orders processed Through Amazon.com: