72″ tempered glass clear-view backboard, adjustable 7.5’ to 10’, clearview backboard, one piece pole system, independent anchor system, heavy weight rim, large backboard.
Not regulation size, no padding is included.
The Goalrilla GS72c (model B5001) was originally introduced to the Goalrilla line up in 2011 as the Goalrilla GS72 B4001 the answer to a box store version of a 72” goal. The first model had a 72” x 40” backboard supported on a 6” x 6” X 10” post with a 3 overhang, h bracket supports and a medium weight rim. In 2014 the goal was reintroduced as the GS72c B5001 and upgrade to a heavy weight rim and the yoke arm moved to the outside for a clear view.
- Stable. All Goalrilla goals are built tough and the GS72c is no different, Its one piece 10ft post is engineered to handle strong play with little movement.
- Clear View. Wide spread yoke arm for a professional clear view look.
- Crank Adjust. Easy crank actuator will raise and lower you Goalrilla goal with minimum effort from 7.5’ to 10’. The handle on the actuator removes easily so you can lock your backboard at desired height.
- 72” Backboard. Although the backboard is not quite regulation size at 72” x 40” it does offer a large playing surface.
- Heavy Weight Rim. The Goalrilla heavy weight flex rim utilizes all-steel strength and stainless steel components and is protected from the elements with a durable powder coat finish.
- Steel Backboard Frame. Backboard are supported with full steel frame.
- Safety. Meets ASTM standards
- Weather Resident. Dupont powder coated finish and corrosion resistant hardware . UV and corrosion resistant.
- Welded Joints. Goalrilla goals joints are welded not bent for extra strength and durability.
- Zero Encroachment. One piece 10’ pole or strength and stability. That adjust from 7.5’ to 10’ and allows for zero encroachment on driveway which allows you to put a large goal on a small driveway.
- Independent Anchor. Anchor system is concrete into the ground and goal is bolt to anchor to allow for easy movement of goal from one house to another.
- Lifetime Warranty Goalrilla goals come with a awesome limited lifetime warranty. Keep your receipt so you can make sure to take advantage of it if something comes up.
What Not To Like
- Not regulation size for high school and college play. Backboard in 72” x 40” with a 3’ overhang just short or regulation size of 72” x 42” with 4’ Overhang.
- No Padding included. The goal that is built tough for rough play but I would recommend adding a backboard and pole pad for safe play.
More Reviews from Around the Web
We bought this hoop for a concrete court that is 35’ x 30’. It seems to be a great size for the area. Installation was easy. I’m not a do-it-your-selfer by any means, but I assembled the majority of it myself. you will need 3 to 4 strong guys to raise the post on to the anchor base and 3-4 guys to hold the backboard while it is attached to the support arms. Height adjustment is easy enough with the crank system. Little kids may need to build so muscles to be able to fully raise and lower the hoop. My sons can’t do it they are 7 and 5 years old. – Goalrilla.com – CM_owner11 from Riverton, UT
This basketball goal is better than any at any stadiums. If you want a good basketball hoop I suggest this one. It is very strong and durable. It is very easy to lower and make higher. It is fairly expensive but definitely was worth the cost. My kids love it seems to stay up just fine. This is one of the best investments I have ever made in my life. – dickssportinggoods.com – awzome from Paducah, KY
Moving or Relocating the System
If you need to move or relocate this Goalrilla Basketball Hoop System, you will need a new anchor system. This basketball hoop is very easy to unbolt and reassemble wherever you want to move it. The system comes with an anchor set, however, if you ever need to move it, you can buy an additional anchor set here: http://www.basketballgoalstore.com/
The Goalrilla GS72C (model B5001) is a part of Goalrilla economy series. It offers all of the standard features of the Goalrilla Goals: Independent in ground anchor, backboard adjust from 7.5 to 10 ft, with 0 encroachment, steel framed backboard, weather resistant powder coat paint, lifetime warranty. The Goalrilla GS72C also offers 72’’ X 40” backboard with ⅜” glass, 3’ overhang, heavyweight rim and 6” x 6” x 10’ post. If you are looking for a large goal and do not care about regulation size or padding the GS72C could be a good choice for you.
Cheapest place I found to buy it was at http://basketballgoalstore.com, which sells it for $1599.95.