The Goalrilla GS54c features a 54”x34” tempered glass clearview backboard, 5” x 5” 11 gauge one piece steel pole. The goal adjusts from 7.5’ to 10’ and comes with a lifetime warranty.
It isn’t a regulation 72” goal, and the goal comes with no padding.
The Goalrilla GS54c (model B5003) is the economy 54” goal in the Goalrilla lineup a It has all the features that has made the Goalrilla goal the best residential goal on the market, in a smaller system. The GS54c has a 54” x34” tempered glass clearview backboard with a 5”x 5” one piece steel pole. Just like all the Goalrilla goals the GS54c is adjustable from 7.5’ to 10’ and comes with a lifetime warranty.
What To Like
- Tempered Glass Backboard – The Goalrilla GS54c features a 54”x34” clear view tempered glass backboard. Tempered glass is the prefered choice in backboard materials. A tempered glass backboard is going to give you a realistic gymnasium like rebound. Tempered glass will also remain clear over time. Other materials like acrylic, and polycarbonate will haze or fog over time leaving you with an undesirable look. A Goalrilla goal with tempered glass will never lose it’s curb appeal.
- One Piece Pole- The GS54c uses a 5”x5” one piece 11 gauge steel pole. You will find goals of lesser quality using 2 piece poles. A two piece pole will not promote dunking or any aggressive play. A 2 piece pole system will become loose with normal play. This will leave you with a leaning goal that cannot be fixed and will eventually need replace.All Goalrilla goals utilize a one piece pole. A Goalrilla goal is a one time purchase that will not need to be replaced.
- Easy Adjust Actuator – The Goalrilla GS54c has an easy adjust actuator that adjusts the goal from 7.5’ to 10’ with a simple turn of the handle. There is a height indicator that shows the height of the goal so you always know what height you are playing at. This adjusting mechanism has a lifetime warranty.
- Flex Rim – The Goalrilla GS54c has a medium weight flex rim. The flex rim is the desirable rim for residential goals. If someone hangs on the rim, and they will, it flexes taking any unwanted pressure off of the anchor system of the goal.
- Independent Anchor System – The Goalrilla GS54c, like all Goalrilla systems, utilizes an independent anchor system. Each J bolt has 10,000 lbs of tensile strength to give you a rock solid anchor for your goal. This also allows you to easily relocate your investment if you happen to move.
What Not To Like
It isn’t a regulation size backboard- The GS54c is a 54”x34” backboard. A regulation size board is 72”x42”. A regulation size backboard is always desirable. That being said sometimes it just isn’t the right fit for everyone.
More Reviews from Around the Web
We bought this to install on our new driveway. It was considerably cheaper than local places, especially when you consider that you don’t have to pay tax or shipping/delivery! Plus, with Amazon gift cards from the grocery store, we earned a couple free tanks of gas! Now to the hoop…it was delivered promptly. My husband, brother and I had no trouble setting it up. We did use a truck bed to get the backboard onto the pole (since we could have 2 people hold it and 1 attach it, but it worked. In total, it took maybe 30 minutes to unpack it all, 30 minutes to assemble the backboard and arms and about 30 minutes to get the pole up and attach the backboard. Not too shabby! Oh, and the husband (and all the neighbor kids) are enjoying playing some basketball! Amazon.com – A. Combs
Excellent basketball hoop. Recreation Unlimited shipped product out very quickly, responded to inquiries immediately, and has wonderful customer service. I would purchase other products from Recreation Unlimited. Amazon.com – Giordano
Moving or Relocating the System
If you need to move or relocate this Goalrilla Basketball Hoop System, you will need a new anchor system. This basketball hoop is very easy to unbolt and reassemble wherever you want to move it. The system comes with an anchor set, however, if you ever need to move it, you can buy an additional anchor set here: http://www.basketballgoalstore.com.
The Goalrilla GS54c is a great goal for the person looking for a smaller system with an economical price . It has all the features that have made the Goalrilla goal the best residential basketball goal on the market in a more compact size. The GS54c is a great looking goal for those players who love that clear view backboard look.
Cheapest place I found to buy it was at http://basketballgoalstore.com, which sells it for $1,099.95.