Some people have asked me, what advantages are there to buying a basketball hoop online versus buying on in the store?
Here are my thoughts and reasons why I prefer to buy a hoop online:
- Access to more options. Consider for example the selection of inground basketball hoops. By my count there are over 20 and that list is growing. If you go into your local sports store looking for an inground basketball hoop, you may have 5 or less to choose from probably from 2 or maybe 3 exclusive brands. Had I not researched hoops online before I bought them, I wouldn’t have learned about the Silverback 60, which is one of the most popular online inground hoop systems for function, looks and price. So, even if you do decide to buy a hoop in the store, check online first.
- Reviews. At the store, you will be able to talk to the store clerk. Odds are he has never owned any of the basketball hoops before. He will try his best to guide you to what you are looking for, but there will be something missing. Online, you can research reviews from people that have actually owned and used the hoop. Online reviews of basketball hoops are invaluable.
- Return Policies: Check with your local store. What is their return policy if the hoop is setup, you don’t like it and want to return it? Odds are you are out of luck. Amazon has the best return policy for basketball hoops and balls and it is way better than you will find in a store.
- Assembly: Amazon won’t assemble your product. Your local store won’t either. It’s a wash.
- Shipping & Price: Yes, you might lose out on shipping costs, but you will likely make it up with Amazon prices on hoops.