Looks to be an ultimate hoop….regulation backboard and overhang, top notch performance, built to last
A lack of user reviews around the web make it difficult to really critique this hoop.
Barbarian Basketball Systems was established back in 1997. They produce two systems, one is the Barbarian and the other is the Raider. This goal in particular features a 72″ tempered glass backboard and a Schutt Bully Jr. breakaway rim, which has a 5″ x 5″ bolt pattern that provides NBA strength. The adjustment ranges from 5.5′ to 10′ in infinite increments. The pole is 6″ x 8″ with a 7 gauge. The overhang is 48″, and is installed using an anchor mount system. It’s backed by a lifetime warranty.
What To Like
- 72″ tempered glass backboard. It’s also 1/2″ thick, which is what’s used in the NBA. In other words, this is the best backboard that you can possibly get on the market.
- 6″ x 8″ pole. Very thick and sturdy to provide great stability for the hoop.
- Schutt Bully Jr. rim. It has the strength of an NBA rim. The picture to the right says it all. The hoop overall can handle about 700 pounds of load. In other words, you can hang on this rim and dunk as hard as you want. It’s the type of rim that you’ll see in some high school and most college gyms. The rims are NBA Quality. Let me put it this way, most NBA players with indoor gyms in their mansions probably own this basketball hoop.
- 4 foot overhang. This is the distance from the pole to the backboard. It’s the regulation distance used in high schools, college, and the NBA. It allows for the most realistic play possible, plus it’s safe for players because they don’t have to be concerned about being knocked into the pole.
- 5.5″ height adjustment. Most systems only adjust from 7.5 to to feet, so this lowers by an additional 2 feet. This is great for kids because they can lower the hoop and dunk.
- Gas strut mechanism. This is what’s used to adjust the height. It’s so easy to use that children can do it effortlessly.
- Pole pad. Such a simple feature, yet most brands make you purchase it separately. It provides additional safety for players, plus adds a professional look.
- Anchor mount installation. If you relocate, this hoop can be easily removed and taken with.
- Lifetime warranty. What else more can you say. It’s covered for as long as you own it.
What Not To Like
Lack of reviews around the web. It is not as popular a brand as Spalding or Lifetime and so there are limited user reviews to base ours on.
Reviews from Around the Web
Basketballgoals.com: 5 Stars – ‘We use this goal for the entire neighborhood….’
Sports Authority.com: 5 Stars – ‘It’s Wow’
Amazon.com: 5 Stars – ‘The quality of this basketball goal is amazing’
If you want the ultimate basketball hoop, this is probably it. You will be the envy of the neighborhood with this basketball Hoop. It appears to be rough, tough and rugged and should have superior staying power. The difficulty that we found in reviewing this hoop is with the lack of user reviews. It has not been tried and tested like some of the other goals including the Spalding, Silverback and Lifetime hoops. I would love to try one of these out because they look great. Until then there remains some mystery.
For the Cheapest Price, Most Customer Support and best Return Policy we Recommend Amazon.com for your basketball hoop purchase. Orders processed Through Amazon.com: