Stability, 60″ backboard, 3 foot overhang, adjustable, heavy-duty rim
Acrylic backboard, installation, price
The First Team RoofMaster features a 60″ acrylic backboard, infinite adjustment from 6-10 feet, and a 3 foot backboard offset. Also included is a heavy-duty breakaway basketball rim. The hoop can either be mounted on a slanted roof or a vertical wall. The height adjustment mechanism is a crank handle. All the mounting hardware and instructions are included. The RoofMaster is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
What To Like
- Stability. Mounted hoops are more stable than portable hoops because they are attached to a wall or roof. The large, thick backboard and the extension arms make it that much more stable.
- 60″ backboard. This is the second largest sized backboard on the market behind the regulation sized 72″ board. It’s perfectly suited for a 2 car driveway, and is great for performance.
- Adjustable. Not all mounted hoops are adjustable. Plus, it adjusts infinitely between 6-10 feet. This is ideal for children or those who can’t dunk on a 10 ft. hoop. The crank adjust is reliable and accurate.
- 3 foot overhang. This provides plenty of space from the wall/roof to the backboard for play and safety. Players won’t have to be concerned about running into the wall or garage door. This is an issue with lesser expensive hoops.
- Heavy-duty rim. It features a 3/16″ steel support and an internal flex spring to protect the backboard from damage. It has a powdercoat finish for rust resistance.
What Not To Like
- Acrylic backboard. No doubt, acrylic is a strong material. It won’t shatter if you dunk on it, and it looks just like tempered glass. However, it doesn’t quite perform as well as glass and is more prone to wear and tear. If you want tempered glass, then your in luck. The RoofMaster Nitro has it.
- Installation. A heavy-duty basketball hoop like this one isn’t going to be easy to install, and customers confirmed this. You could always hire a contractor to do it for you. Should you decide to do it yourself, I would recommend getting some help.
- Price. For almost the same price, you could purchase one heck of an in-ground basketball hoop, such as the Goalrilla GLR GS I. In-ground hoops are the best overall for performance.
Other Online Reviews
Currently, the sole review on Amazon.com mentions the difficulty with installation. A contractor was needed to help. After installation was complete, there are no concerns and the customer is happy.
The First Team RoofMaster is an upper echelon mounted basketball hoop. It’s one of the best available for homeowners. It has the ideal size backboard, a heavy-duty rim, and a wide range of adjustment. The installation is no walk in the park however, and the price tag is high. I can say for certain however that you won’t be dissapointed with the overall quality of the hoop.