The Goalrilla GS54 (model B4003) features a 54”x34” tempered glass, original Goalrilla style backboard, 5” x 5” 11 gauge one piece steel pole.The goal comes with a standard square pole pad. The goal adjusts from 7.5’ to 10’ and comes with a lifetime warranty. It’s also the most affordable of the Goalrilla goals.
It isn’t a regulation 72” goal.
It doesn’t have the clearview backboard featured in other Goalrilla models.
The Goalrilla GS54 (model B4003) is the “good” 54” goal in the Goalrilla lineup and a part of the original Goalrilla goal family. It has all the features that has made the Goalrilla goal the best residential goal on the market, in a smaller system. The GS54 has a 54” x34” tempered glass reinforced backboard with a 5”x 5” one piece steel pole. Just like all the Goalrilla goals the GS54 is adjustable from 7.5’ to 10’ and comes with a lifetime warranty.
What To Like
- Tempered Glass Backboard – The Goalrilla GS54 features a 54”x34” reinforced tempered glass backboard. Tempered glass is the prefered choice in backboard materials. A tempered glass backboard is going to give you a realistic gymnasium like rebound. Tempered glass will also remain clear over time. Other materials like acrylic, and polycarbonate will haze or fog over time leaving you with an undesirable look. A Goalrilla goal with tempered glass will never lose it’s curb appeal.
- One Piece Pole- The GS54 uses a 5”x5” one piece 11 gauge steel pole. You will find goals of lesser quality using 2 piece poles. A two piece pole will not promote dunking or any aggressive play. A 2 piece pole system will become loose with normal play. This will leave you with a leaning goal that cannot be fixed and will eventually need replace.All Goalrilla goals utilize a one piece pole. A Goalrilla goal is a one time purchase that will not need to be replaced.
- Easy Adjust Actuator – The Goalrilla GS54 has an easy adjust actuator that adjusts the goal from 7.5’ to 10’ with a simple turn of the handle. There is a height indicator that shows the height of the goal so you always know what height you are playing at. This adjusting mechanism has a Lifetime Warranty.
- Flex Rim – The Goalrilla GS54 has a medium weight flex rim. The flex rim is the desireable rim for residential goals. If someone hangs on the rim, and they will, it flexes taking any unwanted pressure off of the anchor system of the goal.
- Independent Anchor System – The Goalrilla GS54, like all Goalrilla systems, utilizes an independent anchor system. Each J bolt has 10,000 lbs of tensile strength to give you a rock solid anchor for your goal. This also allows you to easily relocate your investment if you happen to move.
- Standard Pole Pad – The Goalrilla GS54 comes with a standard pole pad. The GS54 has a smaller overhang of 2.5’. With the smaller overhang the pole pad is an excellent addition. It provides added safety as well as looking great.
What Not To Like
- It isn’t a regulation size backboard- The GS54 is a 54”x34” backboard. A regulation size board is 72”x42”. A regulation size backboard is always desirable. That being said sometimes it just isn’t the right fit for everyone.
- May fall short of some player’s expectations. While the GS54 is a great value for the money, some players who are looking for something similar to what’s in their high school gyms could be disappointed. That being said, this is a very solid offering at this price point.
More Reviews from Around the Web
In the words of my 11 year old: “It’s amazing!” We just got this at Amazon, it arrived quickly (through one of their sellers) and was in perfect condition. The install is similar to what everyone described here – my husband did it over the course of a week or so due to our schedules. Because we had read the reviews here, he bought more concrete than the instruction called for – about 10 bags which worked perfectly. The system’s been up for about 1 week and is great – very little shake, plays like a professional system. We have an 11 year old son and 10 year old daughter who both love to play and this system is great, expect it will grow with them through the years. My husband’s been shooting on it too and has commented on how awesome it is! We had a Lifetime portable system that was 15+ years old – so shaky (and loud when they shot!) and in hindsight should have been replaced long ago. This new net is sturdy and expect it will remain that way for years. Great price on Amazon – consistent or lower than the big box stores. I took a while to decide what to get and where because I couldn’t “see” it and see how sturdy it was so didn’t want to spend that kind of money if not sturdy. If you’re thinking of buying, go see in the store, if necessary and buy here – the store display isn’t that great so you really can’t get a feel for truly how sturdy it will be when setup until you actually see one that is installed properly in the ground. But I can assure you, there is very little shake when they are shooting. Love it! – amazon.com – Mama in MA
Ordered the GS 54 for our daughter and son for their birthday’s. Daughter is 11 and will be playing with a traveling team over the summer and is starting to perfect her shot. Our son is 5 and also showing interest in basketball. We bought this goal so our daughter could work on her touch and rebounding. The goal plays very well, and was very easy to assemble. It will take the good part of a day to dig the hole for the pier and mix up concrete. Assembley of the goal is about 2 hours. You will need at least 3 people to hang the backboard. We have been playing on a portable (water or sand fill base) for about 4 years and after getting the Goalrilla installed there is no comparison. It is a real solid system and plays much more like the indoor goals. My kids love it. Thanks Goalrilla for a great product! amazon.com – Daylillyon
Moving or Relocating the System
If you need to move or relocate this Goalrilla Basketball Hoop System, you will need a new anchor system. This basketball hoop is very easy to unbolt and reassemble wherever you want to move it. The system comes with an anchor set, however, if you ever need to move it, you can buy an additional anchor set here: http://www.basketballgoalstore.com/
The Goalrilla GS54 is a great goal for the person looking for a smaller system. It has all the features that have made the Goalrilla goal the best residential basketball goal on the market in a more compact size. With the inclusion of the standard Goalrilla pole pad this is the best deal on a Goalrilla goal you will find anywhere.
Cheapest place I found to buy it was at http://basketballgoalstore.com for $949.95.