Tempered glass backboard, 60″ backboard, heavy-duty breakaway rim, 3′ overhang, 5″ square pole, anchor mount installation
No pole padding
The Goalsetter All-American is premium basketball hoop that features a 60″ tempered glass backboard (3/8″ thick). It comes with a heavy-duty flex rim and a 5″ one-piece square pole with a gauge of 7. The height can be altered from 6-10 feet infinitely with an internal adjustment mechanism. The indicator displays the height, and the handle is removable. The backboard offset is 3″, and it’s installed with an anchor mount system. The All-American is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
What To Like
- Tempered glass backboard. Rigid and resistant to scratching. It’s the most durable type of backboard you can buy. 3/8″ is plenty thick, considering that 1/2″ is what’s used the in NBA. It’s very heavy, which is why it’s so stable.
- 60″ backboard. Ideal for most homes because it’s not too big for a 2 car driveway, though 3 might be better. While 72″ is regulation size, it’s sometimes not feasible for homeowners to have a hoop that big at their residence.
- Heavy-duty breakaway rim. This type of rim is similar to what you’ll find in gymnasiums. It’s strong and built to take some abuse and is more than enough for residential use.
- 3′ overhang. A large overhang increases player safety, while also providing more room for play under the basket. If a player trips or is pushed while shooting a layup, they won’t run right into the pole.
- 5″ square pole. The thicker the pole, the more stable the hoop will be. A gauge of 7 is pretty thick. Combined with a tempered glass backboard, there should be very little movement during play. It also only comes in one-section for maximum stability, plus it’s easier to assemble.
- Anchor mount installation. The base of the pole is attached to an anchor, so it doesn’t actually go into the ground. This makes removing it pretty easy if need be. Here is an article on the installation.
What Not To Like
- Unconventional design. I actually really like the design. Some people may not, but I think it looks great. This really is a very well built basketball hoop system.
- No pole padding. Goalsetter actually sells padding for 5-inch poles separately, but it costs $130 extra. Why padding doesn’t come standard is beyond me, especially for a premium hoop.
Reviews from Around the Web
Amazon.com: 5 Stars – ‘The Easiest System to Set Up’
Dazadi.com: 5 Stars – ‘I have the Best Hoop in Town’
The The Goalsetter All-American has just about everything you could ask for. Are there better hoops available? I don’t believe so at this Price. Save yourself hours of additional research, you will be extremely happy with this hoop. If Below $2000 is your budget, then this should be right near the top of your list.
For the Cheapest Price, Most Customer Support and best Return Policy we Recommend Amazon.com for your basketball hoop purchase. Orders processed Through Amazon.com