72″ backboard, heavy-duty flex rim, 3′ offset, adjustable, lifetime limited warranty
Acrylic backboard, difficult installation
The Goalsetter GS72 basketball hoop features a regulation size 72″ acrylic backboard and a heavy duty flex breakaway rim. The height adjusts in infinite increments from 6 to 10 feet using the compression height adjustment mechanism, which works by turning a handle. The distance from the wall to the backboard is 3 feet. The GS72 is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
What To Like
- 72″ backboard. This is the same size used in college and NBA. They don’t come any bigger that this. It feels more authentic, and its more fun for players.
- 3′ offset. The bracket extends out 3′ so players have space to maneuver under the basket. Plus, it’s better for safety because players won’t be as likely to run into a wall when driving towards the basket.
- Adjustable. Most in-ground basketball systems adjust from 7.5-10 feet, but this one lowers all the way to down to 6 feet. This is very beneficial for children and those who want to slam dunk.
- Heavy-duty flex rim. Most mounted hoops don’t have a rim this solid.
- Stable. With a large backboard and heavy-duty extension arms, this hoop is very rigid for a wall-mount.
- Space efficient. Because it attaches to a wall, you won’t have to be concerned about a lack of space.
- Limited-lifetime warranty. Typically, a brand won’t provide a lifetime warranty unless they believe in the quality of it.
What Not To Like
- Acrylic backboard. It’s a bit softer than tempered glass, and more susceptible to wear and tear over time.
- Installation. A big, heavy-duty backboard and rim is certainly beneficial for performance. But it doesn’t make it easy to install.
The Goalsetter GS72 is one of the best wall-mount hoops you purchase. The only way you could do better is getting a tempered glass backboard. It has everything that you look for: big backboard, heavy-duty rim, and a 3′ offset. If performance is the name of the game, then this is one to seriously consider.