Polycarbonate backboard, breakaway rim, height adjustment, portable, small footprint, easy assembly, customer service
Stability, value, durability
The SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball Hoop is an Indoor basketball hoop thatis specifically designed to mount over a door or a wall. The foam pad on the sides is for protection and safety. This is rated the #1 mini hoop for indoor use, but it has its drawbacks. If you are looking for a hoop that your kids will enjoy the most, you may be better off with the Fisher Price, I can play basketball hoop. However, if you are specifically looking for a door mounted hoop, or something you can take to the office, this is a great choice.
What To Like
- Sturdy For a mini basketball hoop, this system is very sturdy.
- Breakaway rim. Although mini and not meant to be hung onto, it is a breakaway system and will last even through rough play.
- What Not To Like
- The Ball. It comes with a cheap plastic ball that will need to be replaced by a more expensive version.
- Over the Door Hanger. It may be too thick for some doors and the doors won’t close properly.
- Backboard. After time, the backboards tend to break.
- Noisy. The backboard will clank against the door and some say they don’t like the noise
Reviews from Around the Web
Amazon.com: Almost 5 Stars – ‘Amazing Mini Hoop System….’
Amazon.com: 4 Stars – ‘Better than any other Mini Hoop’
Ok, as you can see there are a lot of criticisms on this page about this mini hoop. We own this hoop and the kids love it. However, it seems that the kids play more with the Fisher Price Mini hoop than they do with this one. It is still the best Mini Hoop only rim/backboard system out there.
Orders processed Through Amazon.com